Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Any ideas as to how to hang a painting on wood? Too thin to put a sawtooth behind it.?

I painted something in oil on a piece of thin wood - it came out great - much to my surprise - how to hang it? Piece is tooth in to put a nail into.Any ideas as to how to hang a painting on wood? Too thin to put a sawtooth behind it.?
Try to do a little creative wire rig on the back. If you can't put a nail in, I imagine that you can't put in a small screw in eye hook. I just hung a similar piece that was very light by using a flat headed thumb tack on both top back corners approx 1 inch down from top and 1/2 inch in towards center; then I connected my hanging wire to these tacks. This is just like what you would do with the screw eye hooks, but with the flat head thumb tacks. You may have to use a hammer if you painted on mylar or other really hard wood. If that doesn't work, time for a frame! Good luck!Any ideas as to how to hang a painting on wood? Too thin to put a sawtooth behind it.?
Hardware stores and hobby shops sell a hanger which is a hook shaped like a tiny candy cane attached to two pieces


of adhesive tape I don't know the name of them . I think they come in pairs the hook as I mentioned and the eye on the other piece. You can ask for A ( hook and eye set ) for hanging pictures and tell them it is the kind with adhesive on them. You will need two sets for both sides of your picture. I found it for you below%26gt;





http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-447鈥?/a>


another idea below%26gt;





http://ep.yimg.com/ip/I/123frame_2056_11鈥?/a>





http://123frame.net/velhookandlo.html
It sounds like it may be light so you could buy those glue on tabs that have an ';eye'; or metal grommet reinforced hole at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment