Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to paint on wood?

A friend gave me a piece of wood and now I want to paint on it. I don't know what kind of wood it is or were she got it from. It looks like she got it at an art store. How do i start? I was thinking on putting a coat of gesso and painting on it with acrylics. Or should i use oils instead? Would this be a good idea?How to paint on wood?
Yes prime the wood with the gesso and then paint with the acrylics. Using oils might not be the best because of the drying time required for oils.





Keep Arting!


Jeff (weseye) Wesley


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=566鈥?/a>


How to paint on wood?
Gesso, yes, especially if you use oil because the oil will start to interact with the wood. But whether you use oil or acrylic is up to you, depends on what you prefer. I've painted with oils on wood many times and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment