Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to seal an acrylic painted wood birdhouse?

My son used acrylic craft paint to decorate a cedar wood birdhouse for his dad for Father's Day. It turned out really cute and I need help knowing how to seal the birdhouse so we will be able to hang it outside for the birds to, hopefully, use.





I've used Thompson wood sealer on outdoor wood furniture but that has to be repeated every year. So, I'm concerned that that particular sealer will wear off and ruin the paint job over time.





The poly I have is for indoor use only. Is there poly that works for outdoor use that will do a good job of preserving my sons paint job and stand the test of time outdoors too?





Thanks for your help! =)





Happy Father's Day to all you DADS!How to seal an acrylic painted wood birdhouse?
I would recommend you go to your local paint store. They will help you get the right product for this project. Let them know about the Thompson Waterseal issue and they can take you to a better product.

No comments:

Post a Comment