Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Painting over faux wood panels, and how to make my room appear larger?

Hello! I have faux wood paneling in my very small bedroom, and wooden floors as well and it feels really claustrophobic. Does anyone have any tips on how to paint over the paneling? I'd much rather prefer to take the panels off, but I don't want to know what's behind there lol. And also, any tips on how to make my room appear larger, besides painting it white? Thanks in advance.Painting over faux wood panels, and how to make my room appear larger?
Lightly sand the panelling to take the shine off..I just primed and painted the panelling I used to have..I love the look of it..some people fill in the lines, but I like the texture the wall has when it is painted as is...You can choose just about any colour, but keep it a light hue...blue, green, aqua, turquoise, yellow, or pink..any colour will be nice..I would suggest to pick a colour from your bedding, or a favourite colour. Enjoy!Painting over faux wood panels, and how to make my room appear larger?
You don't have to paint it white, but A light color will make your room seem bigger ( I do agree with you, DON'T take the paneling down, unless you have the money to renovate, which is another headache unto itself)


maybe a pale yellow or light blue, which won't seem as stark as white...


also MAKE SURE TO PRIME THE WALLS, the paint WON'T STICK IF YOU DON'T PRIME!!! ask the paint store for help, they will know

No comments:

Post a Comment