Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I resurface wood furniture? And what do I use to paint or stain it?

A lot is involved so its best to go to Home Depot and get a Book cause it is a bigger job than you probably thinkHow do I resurface wood furniture? And what do I use to paint or stain it?
A good palm sander and some hand paper for trouble spots. I reccomend anything minwax to finish it.How do I resurface wood furniture? And what do I use to paint or stain it?
First, you should sand it to take the current paint or varnish off. Then if you are going to stain it, then pick the stain you want and stain it. If you are going to paint it, then you should first use some sort of a primer. (It makes it a whole lot easier.) Then you can paint. As for what you can use, try a paint brush, (if you are going to paint it,) or use an old cloth or maybe some kind of a special sponge to stain it. But, this is not easy, and will take a while to do. Also, if what you are redoing has decorations like decorative woodwork, you will have to work VERY carefully. Otherwise, you could damage the woodwork. But, it would be best to have someone who is more experienced to watch you and give you pointers as you go along. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment