Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want to paint some old bedroom furniture with fake wood veneer. how do I go about it?

This is a type of faux finishing. It's doable, but requires specialty products.





You'll need glaze, base paint, and a variety of tools (a check roller, softener, and chip brush, etc.). Check out the video below to get an idea.





The work and effort are worth it. The results can be pretty amazing.I want to paint some old bedroom furniture with fake wood veneer. how do I go about it?
You'll need to sand it first, lightly, then paint it. If you don't sand it, the paint will have what we call an ';orange peel'; look and texture. You'll need two coats.


Carolyn Cruz, Owner, Cruz Quality PaintingI want to paint some old bedroom furniture with fake wood veneer. how do I go about it?
yeah...go to a store buy paint and paint.
go to your local hardware store buy some then go home and paint the wood

No comments:

Post a Comment