Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How to remove pencil markings from painted wood?

i am currently painting a piece of wood, i want to seal it but there are some stray pencil marks i want to remove. How can i do that without repainting since i am out of the original color i used?How to remove pencil markings from painted wood?
I know this answer might sound dumb, but try erasing it with a pretty good eraser. If not, you can try washing it with wet cloth, but that might smudge the pencil a little. You can also try buying a similar paint, I bet it will be hard to notice. Hope I helped. Good luck.How to remove pencil markings from painted wood?
Use a good soft pink pencil eraser to remove the graphite. You may not be able to remove the pressure marks, though since you can't sand it lightly without removing the finish.


The soft pink pencil eraser is your best bet since the wood's already painted and you don't have any more of that paint. I would hesitate to put any solvent on the wood because it may affect the paint. Even GooGone or Desolvit will leave a discoloration.
Try an artist's gum eraser - don't wash it - anything strong enough to take off the pencil marks could take off the paint also.





If it were me I would buy a quart of the original paint if I could - it doesn't hurt to have it for touch ups anyway.
try meths on a soft cloth

No comments:

Post a Comment