Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to paint laminated wood with emulsion paint?

I have a small area of laminated wood on my wall. I just repainted my walls and the wood looks awful.





My question is, how do I paint the wood using the same emulsion paint that I used on the wall? I want the finish to match the wall.





Thank youHow to paint laminated wood with emulsion paint?
Did you prime the wood first? The most important part of a paint job is the prep. Clean the wood with TSP (trisodium phosphate), then prime with Zinsser 1-2-3 or Kilz, then apply 2 coats of paint. That should look much better. Good luck.





You can use Zinsser BIN primer, which is a shellac based primer, to prep the surface. It will stick to the surface (even better if you scuff it first with 80 grit sandpaper), dry quickly, and accept any finish paint. Cleanup for the BIN primer is done with denatured alcohol, available in the paint department. Good luck with your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment