Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to recreate the pearl/opalescent look of antique white milk glass on wood with faux paint techniques?

I have some old glass door book cases that I have been wanting to refinish this way for some time. They are painted white but the finish is cracked %26amp; peeling...I don't care for the crackled look. I have dark navy for the interior and want a subtle NOT over powering effect for the exterior. Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.How to recreate the pearl/opalescent look of antique white milk glass on wood with faux paint techniques?
MsJW, there's a forum filled with faux finish experts at http://www.muralsplus.com Register, then post on their ';message board'; I bet folks with a great deal of experience will give you answers within a few hours. They have so many members. Most of the time they talk shop and that's how I know I'm over my head. Still, I like to read casually and I try to pick up the lingo for fun and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment