Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to paint on wood with artisan oil paints?

I have a wooden toy which I would love to paint. I have painted it with the white acrylic paint and now wonder whether I could use the artisan oil paints (water mixable) on the top of the acrylic. I am using natural brushes but the paint was not as smooth as I wanted. I wonder whether the artists use some kind of a spray for the base layer and then paint with brushes. So, can I use the oil paints or should I continue with acrylics. Also, once it is finished, do I need to cover the toy with varnish?


Many thanks.How to paint on wood with artisan oil paints?
Unless your looking for a very natural shaded finish, I'd stick with the acrylics. I find oils are good for blending, acrylics for distinct color areas.


I use the Artisan oils, and sometimes they can take days/weeks to dry.How to paint on wood with artisan oil paints?
the beginner need not purchase lots of oil painting brushes.weewee


a slow-drying paint lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment