Sunday, February 21, 2010

So, I'm going to paint this nightstand. It's really heavy (cheap) wood. How should I do this?

What kind of paint should I use?


I'm going to pain it black.





I'm going to head to Fleet Farm in a bitSo, I'm going to paint this nightstand. It's really heavy (cheap) wood. How should I do this?
Sand it (unless it's particle board). Prime it. Spray paint. I use a gloss paint for shine.So, I'm going to paint this nightstand. It's really heavy (cheap) wood. How should I do this?
you need ventilation. a fan %26amp; a cracked window should be fine in a large room. put a sheet or newspaper under it. wear crap clothes. you might want to sand any bumps or paint chippings off first. just use some medium coarse sandpaper. then wipe it down with a wet paper towel or rag to get the dust off. take the drawers out - you don't want to paint anything shut. take the knobs off too. if it's already painted %26amp; you're painting over it, it should be fine. if it's some kind of glossy varnishy stuff, you probably want to get a primer first. you can just get a spray primer like krylon or something. %26amp; you can get a gray primer since you're painting it black. you'll want to make sure you have that sheet or whatever out kinda far around it if you're spraying. let it dry %26amp; then you can paint. good luck!!!
You need to sand it down first so that the paint will not peel (make sure that you get all the dust off before you paint) Get an oil based paint and after a couple coats, it should be good to go.
I spray painted mine and tiled the top......looks great.Just use light even coats and let it dry in between each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment