Sunday, February 21, 2010

How to paint over white wood?

I have a white Sauder bookcase and I am wanting to change the color of it so that I can move it into a different room. Not sure what color I want to paint it just anything but the white. The walls in the room are kinda a forest green with an accent wall color of pumpkin and the floors are laminate Sacramento Pine, so not real sure on color. I need a bookcase in that room and if I can recycle this one it would be Great!!How to paint over white wood?
No problem if its white, you can cover it with any color you like. the important thing is prepping, lightly sand all surfaces, no need to remove the old paint. make sure all surfaces are smooth and clean. Then you can paint any color you like. From what you describe as the colors of the room, I would recommend some earthy colors in brownish hues. There are spray paints you can use that simulate wood colors. maybe a maple, walnut or cherrywood.





good luck.How to paint over white wood?
i suspect its not wood at all if its sauder, likely press board with a laminate covering. if so, make sure you use a BONDING primer first, or whatever you paint over the top will not adhere properly
they make a product called wil-bond to paint over glossy surfaces without having to sand them...

No comments:

Post a Comment